For Patients in our Community

Part of our mission is to improve the health of our community.  We hope you find the following resources beneficial in helping you achieve good health.


We receive many calls from the public asking if we have their medical records after a physician retires or leaves the area.  We do not have custody of ANY medical records in our office.  We do keep track of where a physician turns their records over to (if that information is available) and are happy to help you with that.  Unfortunately, some times a physician will leave town without warning or notification.  In those situations we are unfortunately unable to help.

It is your legal right to acquire a copy of your medical records.  This right is guaranteed by the Washington State Healthcare Information Act and federally through HIPAA.  These laws not only allow you to access your medical records, but also place restrictions on how and to whom healthcare providers may disclose patient information.  In Washington State, healthcare providers must respond to your medical records request within fifteen working days.  The amount that a provider may charge is set by the Washington Department of Health and changes frequently.  To learn what is required to obtain your medical records, call your physicians office for further assistance.


The Washington State Department of Health has published the following references for patients in our state who are prescribed opioid medication for surgical pain, chronic pain and acute pain.

Public/Patient Pain Toolkits 


UPDATED 7/31/19: HB 1638, legislation that was passed in 2019 and eliminates the personal and philosophical exemption for the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine (MMR), took effect on July 28th.  The Department of Health has released an updated certificate of exemption form for schools, childcare and preschool immunization requirements and is available HERE, where you will also find additional information for providers.

Immunizations are important for many reasons.  They keep you, your family  and our community healthy and they stop the spread of disease to our most vulnerable community members.  Schedules of recommended immunizations, grouped by age, can be found on the Washington State Department of Health web page.  You can also find information about how to access your families immunization information on that web page.

If you are in need of immunizations you may contact your primary care physician or the Benton Franklin Health Department at 460-4200.

We do not maintain any immunization records in our office.

To Access Immunization Records:
If your previous provider documented your immunizations in the Washington State Immunization Information System (WAIIS), you can access the records yourself.
1. Request – Visit to download an Authorization to Release Immunization Records Form.
2. Register – Complete the form, sign it and return it by fax, mail, or email.
3. Review – You will be registered for MyIR and will receive and email with a temporary PIN and instructions on what to do next. Once you login, you will have immediate access to your family’s immunization records to view, download or print as often as you need.


While we realize that discussions regarding end of life care can be challenging, many studies show that these conversations lead to improved quality of life for both patients and their family.  The Washington State Medical Association has compiled extensive resources for patients on this topic, which we encourage you to review.

You may also access information about the Washington Death With Dignity Act.


View the Washington Medical Commission website to file a complaint against an MD or PA.

There are two ways to file a complaint:
Printable (PDF)

Please ensure your complaint includes:

      • First and last name of your health care provider
      • Location (address) where you received health care services
      • Detailed timeline of events of your health care services
      • Explanation of the issues of your complaint

File a Complaint About Another Health Care Profession or Facility